Date:      Sun, 16 Aug 1998 19:53:31 -0500 (EST)
From:      Alfred Perlstein <bright@www.hotjobs.com>
To:        Michael Richards <026809r@dragon.acadiau.ca>
Cc:        security@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Why don't winblows program have buffer overruns?

yes it's quite possible, but noone really cares to code exploits for
windows programs.  there could be use for an exploited windows box, but
urm... as you call it winblows, why would you want to?

there was an overflow in WARftpD, the authors wrote something like:
"we could have continued this hack, but we're unix coders and could care
less about having access to a windows box, DoS is enough"

(that is horribly paraphrased, but was the gist of it)

Alfred Perlstein - Programmer, HotJobs Inc. - www.hotjobs.com
-- There are operating systems, and then there's BSD.
-- http://www.freebsd.org/