Date:      Thu, 22 Mar 2001 18:41:15 -0800 (PST)
From:      Troy D <bsdboy20@yahoo.com>
To:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Optical mouse under 4.2

Hi all,
I got a new Logitech optical wheel mouse the other
day, and have been trying to set it up under 4.2-R.
It is a USB mouse, but it cam with a USB -> PS/2
adapter, and I'm using that because I only have PS/2
on the machine.  It works just fine under Win98, it
detects it and works just as a standard PS/2 mouse,
but I can't seem to get FreeBSD to acknowledge it's
there.  I've tried setting it up with moused, using
the PS/2 port, and almost all the protocols, even
auto, and it never works.  I've also tried to set it
up under the graphical X setup, with no luck.  I've
tried using psm0, the "auto" feature with no luck.  I
went from using a serial mouse to using a PS/2, and I
made sure to recompile the kernel with the PS/2 stuff
enabled and tried almost everything I could think of,
if anyone has any tips, or has set up the same thing,
any help would be greatly appreciated.  Thanks in advance!