Date:      Fri, 18 Oct 2002 16:00:11 -0400
From:      AlanE <alane@geeksrus.net>
To:        FreeBSD Ports List <ports@FreeBSD.ORG>
Cc:        Adam Weinberger <adamw@FreeBSD.ORG>
Subject:   Re: Native Phoenix 0.3

On Fri, Oct 18, 2002 at 12:51:38PM -0700, Adam Weinberger wrote:
>>> (10.18.2002 @ 1244 PST): AlanE said, in 0.6K: <<
>> I have a native Phoenix 0.3 working here. I just have to figure out how
>> much of the CVS tree I have to tar up to make a distfile. (The whole
>> tree is 450MB). Damn it's fast. Makes konq seem slow and Mozilla seem
>> positively glacial. Of course, it has 80% of Moz's baggage stripped out.
>>> end of "Native Phoenix 0.3" from AlanE <<
>
>it has 80% of mozilla's baggage stripped out, but the source is 4 times
>as large?

That's a du -sk on the CVS co of 'mozilla'. Obviously, a) that is not
compressed and b) most of that is unused, and even some parts that are
used don't have to be (we can use our nspr port, and jpeg, at least).

I sure hope there's an env var to set what dir it uses under your $HOME,
because it can't share ~/.mozilla with the real mozilla.

--
Alan Eldridge
Unix/C(++) IT Pro, 20 yrs, seeking new employment.