Date:      Sun, 2 Feb 1997 23:31:04 +1030 (CST)
From:      Michael Smith <msmith@atrad.adelaide.edu.au>
To:        joerg_wunsch@uriah.heep.sax.de
Cc:        msmith@atrad.adelaide.edu.au, freebsd-chat@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Good name for a dump(8) option?

J Wunsch stands accused of saying:

> > I couldn't find anyone who could sell me the little BOM labels, so I
> > couldn't set up any of the fresh tapes I had, and all the old ones
> > were toast.
>
> I remember that simple aluminum adhesive tape used to do this task for
> us back some 10 years ago, when we had to handle 800 bpi r-t-r tapes
> on our PDP-11 clone.  Worked well. :-))

I tried that, but all I had was Al panel repair tape.  Probably an
unknown in the USA, where SOP for panel repair involves punching holes
in the panelwork and laying on the bog like plaster.  Dunno about
German panel repairs; never worked on an ex-euro set of wheels.

It peeled and scored the tape around it.  Drat.