Date:      Wed, 30 Oct 1996 17:02:58 -0700 (MST)
From:      Terry Lambert <terry@lambert.org>
To:        jlemon@americantv.com (Jonathan Lemon)
Cc:        terry@lambert.org, jehamby@lightside.com, joerg_wunsch@uriah.heep.sax.de, freebsd-hackers@FreeBSD.org, pgiffuni@fps.biblos.unal.edu.co
Subject:   Re: POSIX Conformance (Unanswered in "questions" so I forwarded...)

> Terry Lambert writes:
> > Meanwhile, TET is a completely seperate piece of software necessary
> > for running TET-hosted test suites... like NIST/PCTS.  I've already
> > suggested that someone grab the TET off of the X/Open server (where it
> > is available for anonymous FTP) and check it into the FreeBSD ports
> > tree.
>
> Which one?
>
>   - TET3.0a     - unavailable to non-paying customers at the moment
>   - dTET2.3     - "distributed TET"
>   - eTET1.10.3  - "extended TET"
>   - TET1.10     - The release version
>
> Without knowing which version the NIST code requires, I'd be a little
> leery of just going in and attempting a port.

Why?  A POSIX-compliant platform is required to run all of them
without changes.

Seems like a good test-by-fire to me.

I believe I ran under TET1.10 at Novell for the UnixWare 2.x testing.

I used dTET2.3 under OpenBSD for NIST/PCTSthe other day

More information:

	http://www.nist.gov/itl/div897/pubs/fip151-2.htm

I suggest obtaining:

  d. Test Methods for Measuring Conformance to POSIX, IEEE Std 1003.3-1991.
  e. Test Methods for Measuring Conformance to POSIX.1, IEEE Std 2003.1-1992.

Methods are described in the HTML document, above.

					Terry Lambert
					terry@lambert.org
---
or previous employers.