Date:      Thu, 24 Oct 2002 19:16:40 -0600 (MDT)
From:      Nick Rogness <nick@rogness.net>
To:        Alan McKay <amckay@neap.net>
Cc:        freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: help with webcam through natd + ipfw

On Thu, 24 Oct 2002, Alan McKay wrote:

> > 	What does `ipfw -a l` show?
>
> That seems to be the same as "ipfw show", which I used to determine that
> there do not seem to be any 'deny' rules hit. So I cannot really tell
> where those packets are going.  I can hit my port 80 from work no
> problem (www.bodensatz.com), but 8080 no deal.  So it seems to be going
> through some allow rule, but I'm not sure which.

	If indeed your internal machine is excepting connections on port
	8080 (can be tested from the firewall box using telnet) then this
	sounds like a firewalling problem.  Set your firewall type to
	OPEN, reboot and see if it works.  If it does, then you need to
	examine your firewall rules better.

	There is really nothing special about what your doing if the
	firewall is correct.

	Also, to help troubleshoot more, I would recommend using ipfw log
	statements as well as the natd log option.

Nick Rogness <nick@rogness.net>
-
 "Wouldn't it be great if we could answer people with a
  kick to the crotch?"  -maddox@xmission.com