Date:      Sat, 28 Sep 2013 21:30:26 +0000
From:      "Teske, Devin" <Devin.Teske@fisglobal.com>
To:        FreeBSD Hackers <freebsd-hackers@freebsd.org>
Cc:        Devin Teske <dteske@freebsd.org>
Subject:   ZFS Boot Menu

In my recent interview on bsdnow.tv, I was pinged on BEs in Forth.

I'd like to revisit this.

Back on Sept 20th, 2012, I posted some pics demonstrating what
exactly code that was in HEAD (at the time) was/is capable of.

These three pictures (posted the same day) tell a story:
1. You boot to the menu: http://twitpic.com/b1eswi/full
2. You select option #5 to get here: http://twitpic.com/b1etyb/full
3. You select option #2 to get here: http://twitpic.com/b1ew47/full

I've just (today) uploaded the /boot/menu.rc file(s) that I used to create
those pictures:

http://druidbsd.cvs.sf.net/viewvc/druidbsd/zfsbeastie/

NB: There's a README file to go along with the files.

HINT: diff -pu menu.rc.1.current-head menu.rc.2.cycler
HINT: diff -pu menu.rc.1.current-head menu.rc.2.dynamic-submenu

Interested in feedback, but moreover I would like to see who is
interested in tackling this with me? I can't do it alone... I at least
need testers whom will provide feedback and edge-case testing.
--=20
Devin

The information contained in this message is proprietary and/or confidentia=
l. If you are not the intended recipient, please: (i) delete the message an=
d all copies; (ii) do not disclose, distribute or use the message in any ma=
nner; and (iii) notify the sender immediately. In addition, please be aware=
 that any message addressed to our domain is subject to archiving and revie=
w by persons other than the intended recipient. Thank you.