Date:      Wed, 08 Mar 2000 10:25:26 -0500
From:      "Pedro F. Giffuni" <giffunip@asme.org>
To:        freebsd-emulation@FreeBSD.org
Subject:   FYI: linux-ibcs is not dead

FWIW, not many people seem to work on IBCS anymore, so it was surprising
to find out the following on linuxcare:
___________________
In the course of discussion, Manfred Spraul noted that IBCS appeared to
be unmaintained. Tigran Aivazian replied indignantly:

>What do you mean unmaintained?! It is very well (well, as
>time and other duties permits) maintained and the official
>ABI site is:
>
>http://www.ocston.org/~tigran/patches

>The old official site was ftp.infradead.org/pub/abi but it just
>has a README pointing to my site. We (at least myself)
>look only after the latest version of ABI, i.e. the latest patch I
>made was against 2.3.44 I think... Only a week ago I fixed a
>few bugs in it, so I do occassionally check that it still works
>and yesterday I received a user bugreport from someone
>trying to run MicroFocus COBOL under ABI - I am still
>debugging that one.

JIC someone wants reference code for our implementation...

cheers,

    Pedro.