Date:      Fri, 30 Jan 2009 13:14:09 -0600
From:      "Jeremy Messenger" <mezz7@cox.net>
To:        ken <ken@tydfam.jp>
Cc:        freebsd-gnome@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Can I compile gnome 2.24 using xorg 7.4

On Fri, 30 Jan 2009 06:43:23 -0600, ken <ken@tydfam.jp> wrote:

>  Subject says what I want to say....
>  I mistakenly upgraded xorg to 7.4 using ports, and found that
> gnome-session,gnome-terminal, nautilus cannot be compiled without
> libxcb-xlib which does not exist under 7.4.
>
>  Are there are any easy way to compile gnome 2.24 on xorg 7.4?

I am not planning to do the upgrade. I am planning to do a clean one that
is more quickler and much less problem, since there are too many big
upgrades in a few weeks. The order is mess up in UPDATING, you can't
simple follow the day from bottom to top.

# rm -rf /usr/local/* /compat/linux/* /var/db/pkg/*

Then install x11/gnome2 and others. I already have my own script in place
to install which ports I want, so I just simple do above then run my
script and I am done. That's my plan.

Cheers,
Mezz

--