Date:      Thu, 26 Jul 2001 13:56:01 +0200
From:      Frank Sonnemans <fs.mail@wanadoo.be>
To:        freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Need help with UUCP over TCP/IP (mail relay)

I am trying to get my mail relayed using UUCP, but find it impossible due
to lack of proper documentation.

My situation is as follows:

I have access to one server with a fixed IP address hostname mail, domain
relay.com

I have a home network with a dynamic IP address hostname zoe, domain
mydomain.com

Server BSD relays mail for mydomain.com and is the primary MX. I succeeded
in getting the MTA (postifx) to accept and deliver mail for mydomain.com to
a UUCP spool. I entered an account for zoe in the /etc/uucp/sys file. I
checked the mail log and the spool directory and it seems this part works.

However I do not know how to prepare the mail.relay.com host to accept
incomming uucp request (The only thing I did so far is enter the zoe host
in /etc/uucp/sys including a username and password. I also enabled uucpd in
inetd.conf)

I have no clue how to dial the mail host using a tcp connection from
zo.mydomain.com

Can anyone help me with some configuration file examples.

Regards,

Frank