Date:      Sat, 20 Jun 1998 22:24:07 -0400
From:      Toby Swanson <toby@milkyway.org>
To:        freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   slow printing

I have set up a print server running FreeBSD 2.1.7.  The hardware
seems to be set up correctly.  When I "type" a file to lpt1: in DOS
the printer prints it immediatly.  When I cat a file to /dev/lpt0 in
FreeBSD it prints a line, waits a second or two, prints a line, waits
a second or two, and so on until the file has printed.  Using the print
spooler gets the same results.  I checked the man pages, FAQ,
Complete FreeBSD, no hits.  The mailing list archive had one hit, but
the message was not available.  Any help, including pointers to other
areas of info, is greatly appreciated.

Thanks in advance,

Toby