Date:      Sun, 17 May 1998 19:07:06 -0400
From:      Jason Bombelyn <root@oasis.zepa.net>
To:        freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   networking questions

     I have several questions about networking under freebsd.  I am currently running slackware linux, and am going to change to freebsd tomorrow.  I am using my linux machine as a gateway for my win95 machine with a 100 base network and a 33.6 modem to dial in to the net.  Under linux I had to modify /etc/rc.d/rc.inet1 to add the addresses for the internal network.  What file do I modify under freebsd, and what file do I modify so that I can enable ip masquerading?  Under linux it was /etc/rc.d/rc.local.  What lines go in this file?  My last question is, what file do I modify to get pppd to dial, and what file do I modify to specify the username and passwd.

Thanks,
Jason Bombelyn
root@oasis.zepa.net
et