Date:      Sat, 14 Dec 2002 10:59:28 +0800
From:      "ouyang kai" <oykai@msn.com>
To:        cluster@FreeBSD.org
Subject:   Hi, I have some questions!

Hi, everybody,
  This is my first time to come into the 'cluster' family. :)
  I have 2+ years experience about FreeBSD. My interestings are FreeBSD
Kernel, Storage & Network based FreeBSD and cluster.
  I heared about DAFS based FreeBSD.
  http://www.cs.duke.edu/ari/dafs/

http://www.eecs.harvard.edu/~vino/fs-perf/dafs/dafs-server-release-dec8-2001.html
  But I find the two university have no more study about that. I do not know
the reason. And The implementation of DAFS based on FreeBSD must based
specail hardware(Emulex cLAN).
  Another, I do not know whether there are a simulator in FreeBSD like M-VIA
in Linux. the M-VIA supports both software and hardware VIA.
  I want to know whether whether there are softwares to support VIA based
normal Giga NIC or 100base NIC.
  I have not a clear idea about that. I want to research something about
that, but I  do not know how and where I should start.
  Thank you very much!!
Best Regards
  Ouyang Kai