Date:      Mon, 20 Nov 2000 04:50:59 -0800 (PST)
From:      Andrew Gould <andrewgould@yahoo.com>
To:        questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   UDMA ICRC READ ERRORs

Good morning all,

I have installed FreeBSD 4.1 on an AMD K6/2 450MHz box
and keep getting the following error message when I
boot the computer:

'ad0: UDMA ICRC READ ERROR blk# 4144087 retrying'
There are more messages where the blk# is different.

At first I thought it might be the version of FreeBSD
or a hard drive problem; but I switched hard drives
and installed FreeBSD 4.0 without any improvement.
(The current hard drive is a Seagate 8G ATA66.)  So I
installed 4.1 again.

Last night, I ran fsck and rebooted.  The problem went
away for a couple of test reboots; but is back again
this morning with different blk#'s.

Does anyone have any advice regarding this matter?

Thanks,

Andrew Gould