Date:      04 Nov 2005 10:51:22 -0500
From:      Lowell Gilbert <freebsd-questions-local@be-well.ilk.org>
To:        tim cle <tim1timau@yahoo.com>
Cc:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: MySQL port not d/loading

tim cle <tim1timau@yahoo.com> writes:

> Hi again, I have successfully installed MySQL - but
> the mirror system still doesnt seem right - it went
> through all the mirrors, and wouldn't d/l from them -
> then it finally worked from the main bsd ftp site -
> I've put the output underneath - note this is what I
> got when I did another test run after already d/l it -
> it has been like this for at least a day now.
[snip]
> => mysql-4.1.10a.tar.gz doesn't seem to exist in /usr/ports/distfiles/.

With a current set of ports, you would be trying to download (and
install) mysql-4.1.15.tar.gz.  The outdated version supported in your
ports tree has been removed from most of the download sites.  To
support people like you who are still running old ports trees, FreeBSD
keeps the distfiles for supported releases around.