Date:      Fri, 27 Oct 2000 17:31:31 +0200 (CEST)
From:      Maarten van Schie <anera@dds.nl>
To:        Drew Tomlinson <drewt@writeme.com>
Cc:        "'FreeBSD Questions (E-mail)'" <freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG>
Subject:   RE: Problem Installing Ports via FTP

Well, all ports contain commentive and descriptive files.
For a closer look you could read

/usr/share/doc/en_US.ISO_8859-1/books/handbook/ports-using.html

you've also got another option to install the various packages, that's via
pkg_add and pkg_info with some options to install them or determine wether
your installed packages are out of date, this saves time because in
this matter you fetch binairies.

Maarten.