Date:      Thu, 25 Jan 2001 12:55:59 -0500 (EST)
From:      John Daniel <john@cell-works.com>
To:        questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   automating password synchronization

I have multiple Freebsd machines, Four  2.2.8 machines  and a new 4.2
stable machine that are handling multiple functions( email, file serving
with samba, web serving, etc. ) so I mave multiple password files and
group files and versions of the user name. Forgeting samba for now What is
the best way to synchronize the password files and group files so I only
have to enter a user passwd ,group once when setting up a user. And
maintain synchronicity when changing user info?

Somebody must be doing this but i'm not sure how to do it and doing it
manually is less then ideal.

TIA