Date:      Mon, 13 Nov 2000 07:13:10 -0600
From:      Drew Sanford <lauasanf@bellsouth.net>
To:        Evan S <kaworu@sektor7.ath.cx>
Cc:        stable@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: 4.1.1 / SMP / SBLive

Evan S wrote:

> Hey,
>
> I have a question. Can an SB Live be used in conjunction with FreeBSD?
> Well, if it can, I've got this weird problem. I use FreeBSD 4.1.1-RELEASE
> with bp6 mobo + Dual 533mhz Celerons. Compiled it all in, sndstat gives
> correct output for my sblive. All cables are connected, volume all the way
> up.
>
> I had to resort to using opensound which actually worked, but not with
> SMP.

Evan,
	I've been using an SBLive on a dual P233 for sevaral months now. It
started as 4.1 RELEASE and is now on 4.2-BETA, and I have never had a
problem with the sound card. It doesn't skip, stumble or quit working
like it did under NT when this box had NT on it. Since I basicly had no
problem with setting up the card, ie; add device pcm to the kernel,
compile, install, and reboot, I'm starting to get curious about all of
the troubles being had with the card. Can you please detail exactly what
you've done in the course of the setup?

--
Drew Sanford
lauasanf@bellsouth.net or drew@planetwe.com