Date:      Sat, 18 Apr 1998 20:19:15 -0400
From:      Randall Hopper <rhh@ct.picker.com>
To:        Alex Nash <nash@mcs.net>
Cc:        freebsd-multimedia@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Bt848: no IRQ

Alex Nash:
 |>  |not being sent by the bt848 interrupt handler, and that furthermore,
 |>  |the interrupt handler isn't ever being called itself.
 |>
 |> Hmm.  Wonder if anyone else is having trouble with their FR1236 WinTV cards
 |> with the latest driver/-current?
 |>
 |> Many could be and would never know, if they're running XFree86, since DGA
 |> mode doesn't require interrupts to work.
 |
 |ACK.  Do you remember the last time you saw the driver working with
 |XImages?  I can try and dig up the old driver to test this theory out.

I just pulled the latest driver source from pub/FreeBSD/FreeBSD-current/...:

   -rw-r--r--  1 root  ftp-Free   17180 Apr  5 15:21 brktree_reg.h
   -rw-r--r--  1 root  ftp-Free  127734 Apr 18 03:18 brooktree848.c
   -rw-r--r--  1 root  ftp-Free  7345 Feb 26 03:14 ioctl_bt848.h

and gave it a whirl.  Signals work fine here (i.e. fxtv -disableDirectV)
with that version.

So that leaves changes to -current since the OS version I'm running
(3.0-971208-SNAP), differences related to your newer card, or other
hardware differences between our systems.

Shot in the dark.  Verify that no device on your ISA bus is using the IRQ
being assigned to your Hauppauge card.  Other PCI devices sharing the IRQ
should be OK though.  For example, in my system, my SCSI ctlr and Hauppauge
share an IRQ:

   ncr0: <ncr 53c810 fast10 scsi> rev 0x02 int a irq 9 on pci0.10.0
   bktr0: <BrookTree 848> rev 0x11 int a irq 9 on pci0.11.0

Randall