Date:      Sat, 22 Jan 2000 17:37:03 +0000
From:      Mark Ovens <mark@ukug.uk.freebsd.org>
To:        questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   How to downgrade a port?

I want to *downgrade* the linux_base port from the current 6.1 to 5.2
as StarOffice doesn't run with 6.1.

What is the correct way to do this?

I used the CVS repository to get a diff between versions 1.36 and 1.34
of the Makefile and applied it with ``patch -R''. This worked fine, so
I now have the correct Makefile, but how do I know which versions of
all the files in the files/ and pkg/ sub-directories I need to work
with this particular Makefile. The version numbers obviously aren't
the same as those of the Makefile.

ISTR that one of the great things about the CVS system is that you can
use it to get *any* version of the source that you want, but I just
don't know how to do it.

Thanks.

--
	"there's a long-standing bug relating to the x86 architecture
	that allows you to install Windows too"