Date:      Thu, 28 Jun 2001 12:30:26 -0600
From:      "Long, Scott" <scott_long@btc.adaptec.com>
To:        "'Edwin Culp'" <eculp@encontacto.net>, mobile@freebsd.org
Subject:   RE: I bought an HP N5470.

Yes, the Accton 2242 is a dc device, so if it doesn't work as such then
there might be other issues.  Is it detected by the dc driver?  Does it give
a reasonable MAC address?  The only problem that I've had with it is that it
won't autodetect 10baseT/UTP full-duplex, but other that that it works
great.  The sound is most likely an ESS Allegro-1, so load the snd_maestro3
driver module (it can't be compiled in right now and is not part of
snd_driver.ko).  The 'Polk Audio System' most likely refers to the speakers,
just like on most of the other HP laptops.  Don't know about the touch pad,
mine works fine with moused.

Scott