Date:      Thu, 10 Oct 2002 19:41:58 +0100
From:      Goodwin Lawlor <goodwin.lawlor@ucd.ie>
To:        FreeBSD List <freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.org>
Subject:   ssh connection timed out

Hi
I've just installed FreeBSD4.5 on machine attached to a college network. I
can connect to the machine using ssh from another machine on the network.
When I try to connect using ssh from home via an ISP (using PuTTY on winxp)
I get "connection timed out". I can connect from home using telnet though...
which makes me guess its a problem with the sshd configuration.

output from uname -a:
FreeBSD xxxx.ucd.ie 4.5-RELEASE FreeBSD 4.5-RELEASE #0: Mon Jan 28 14:31:56
GMT 2002     murray@builder.freebsdmall.com:/usr/src/sys/compile/GENERIC
i386

TIA,

Goodwin