Date:      Thu, 25 Jan 2001 10:55:56 -0700
From:      Murray <mgd@brutus.converging.net>
To:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Resources on vpn and ipsec?

I am looking for resources on how to properly set up a virtual tunnel
between two FreeBSD 4.2 firewalls. My intention is to establish a
secure connection between two offices both of which have DSL. I have
configured each FreeBSD 4.2 box as firewalls because they are
protecting W2K networks.

I can easily set up sshd on each firewall and use a product like Terra
Term Secure Shell on a w2k box to remotely log onto each  firewall in
order to
manage the firewalls from the other site.

However, I would like to go one step further. From a w2k box at site
A, connect to a w2k box at site B and manage the box or transfer
files. Something like VNC does a good job from w2k to w2k. However, I
would have to somehow configure a port or a nic on the firewall to
point to the interior box. Some sort of relay or routing mechanism.

As you  see my understanding is basic. I just need to find some good
websites or resources and do a bit of reading and experimenting.

--
Murray Davis
Converging Technology Solutions