Date:      Fri, 27 Oct 2000 10:51:36 -0400 (EDT)
From:      "Michael C. Cambria" <cambria@mcambria.ne.mediaone.net>
To:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   IPSec (ESP) tunnel through ipfw/natd

Hi,

I'm trying to use my laptop IPSec client to reach work from my home LAN.

The LAN uses FreeBSD ipfw/natd to map my private IP addresses to the one
address supplied by the cable modem ISP via DHCP.  I use rc.firewall as
supplied with the type being OPEN (e.g. I'm just using NATD, no firewall.)

The laptop can only use IPSec in tunnel mode (corporate policy.)  However,
it does use ESP only, no AH.  Should I be able to tunnel through ipfw/natd
with the OPEN rc.firewall rules?  Do I need to add any?  The archives
turned up something about passing esp, but since OPEN passes "all", I do
not think this applies to my situation.

At present, I only want to allow the laptop on the LAN to tunnel through
my FreeBSD machine.

Thanks,
MikeC