Date:      Sat, 28 Jun 2003 18:46:47 -0700
From:      Bill Campbell <freebsd@celestial.com>
To:        freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Ports -- download change options

When I tried installing cups on FreeBSD 4.8 today, the install balked part
way through saying that a file couldn't be downloaded, a Samsung file from
www.linuxprinting.org.  It turns out that that file was just updated today
so the time and checksum don't match what's in the ports database.

I manually downloaded the file from ftp.freebsd.org which still had the
older version, and the build is now going.

My main question, being a freebsd newbie, is what's the accepted procedure
for dealing with things like this?

Bill
--
INTERNET:   bill@Celestial.COM  Bill Campbell; Celestial Systems, Inc.

``Fix reason firmly in her seat and call to her tribunal every fact,
every opinion. Question with boldness even the existence of a God;
because, if there is one, he must more approve of the homage of
reason, than that of blindfolded fear.''  --Thomas Jefferson