Date:      Mon, 30 Jul 2001 15:23:20 -0300
From:      "Daniel C. Sobral" <daniel.sobral@tcoip.com.br>
To:        Nik Clayton <nik@FreeBSD.org>
Cc:        Mike Tancsa <mike@sentex.net>, Shawn Ramsey <shawn@cpl.net>, stable@FreeBSD.org, doc@FreeBSD.org
Subject:   Re: Crashing every two hours!

Nik Clayton wrote:

> On Fri, Jul 27, 2001 at 02:30:45PM -0300, Daniel C. Sobral wrote:
>
>>Sure, a developer can understand better and do things like select the
>>appropriate frame and display the appropriate variables, but compiling a
>>kernel for debug symbols, locating the crash dumps, calling gdb on them
>>with symbol table and typing "list" and "bt" helps a lot already, and
>>the user can then be further instructed in what to do.
>>

> I think we're going to get a "How to submit a good bug report" section
> in the Handbook.  Is this something you'd be able to contribute to?

Heh. Not really. I went searching for the handbook section describing

this just last week. :-)

If there is any more info than what already is in that section, I don't
know about it. Try John Baldwin.

--
Daniel C. Sobral                   (8-DCS)
Daniel.Sobral@tcoip.com.br

Madness has no purpose.  Or reason.  But it may have a goal.
		-- Spock, "The Alternative Factor", stardate 3088.7