Date:      Sat, 21 Apr 2001 21:58:15 -0700
From:      "Ted Mittelstaedt" <tedm@toybox.placo.com>
To:        "Wes Peters" <wes@softweyr.com>
Cc:        "Szilveszter Adam" <sziszi@petra.hos.u-szeged.hu>, <freebsd-advocacy@FreeBSD.ORG>
Subject:   RE: Funding large Open Source projects (was Windriver, Slackware)

Regretfully, I have to assume they aren't - because they have been smart
enough to stir up all the rednecks every time a roads issue comes up on
the ballot to vote it down.  Of course, when they are doing it then, the
rallying cry is "no more of my tax money to the dang government"  Funny
thing is that there's never a money shortage when it comes to expanding the
(half empty) light rail and bus system. :-(  A few cooler heads have
published studies that show that building more roads has given us more
bang for the transportation buck every time, but those are generally
quashed in the news here and forgotten during elections.