Date:      Wed, 17 Mar 1999 20:57:20 -0800
From:      Nocturne <dpilgrim@uswest.net>
To:        Alex Zepeda <garbanzo@hooked.net>
Cc:        Dag-Erling Smorgrav <des@flood.ping.uio.no>, Wes Peters <wes@softweyr.com>, Brett Glass <brett@lariat.org>, advocacy@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: I'm not quite sure what to think of this...

Alex Zepeda wrote:
>http://marc.merlins.org/linux/lwce_winter99/Day2/Showfloor.html#Slashdot

From higher up the page:

"Yes, the FreeBSD guys had a booth. If you haven't had a chance to try
it, you really should. It is still faster and more robust that[sic]
linux for certain things (after all, it's based on code that is more
than 15 years old, and that also has been reviewed and improved by
thousands of people). Linux still has a lot to learn from Freebsd, and
this includes the efficiency of their team (compare a core team that
uses CVS vs Linus who does all commits via text patch through pine
editor, and that this medium has a variable high drop rate). Let's hope
bitmover fixes some of those issues."

Now all we have to do is convince the rest of the world. :-)

Also this quote from JKH:

"...FreeBSD, based on 15y+ old code written by a bunch of people is
certainly as sexy as Linux, which was written from scratch, originally
by one guy."

Jordan, is this a misquote?

--
dpilgrim@uswest.net                                    ICQ: 29880099