Date:      Fri, 15 Oct 1999 14:34:57 -0700 (PDT)
From:      Allan Saddi <asaddi@philosophysw.com>
To:        Steve Reid <sreid@sea-to-sky.net>
Cc:        Antoine Beaupre <beaupran@IRO.UMontreal.CA>, Mike Nowlin <mike@argos.org>, "Rashid N. Achilov" <shelton@sentry.granch.ru>, freebsd-security@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: kern.securelevel and X

On Fri, 15 Oct 1999, Steve Reid wrote:

> But I don't think FreeBSD has that capability. I haven't seen any
> mention of a FreeBSD aperture driver, not even in vaporware form.
> Maybe people just don't realize such a thing is possible?

I used to run X with high securelevels back in 2.2.x. I simply started
X/xdm before upping the securelevel. This seemed to work fine. I haven't
verified that it still works w/ 3.x, however.

--
Allan Saddi                         "The Earth is the cradle of mankind,
asaddi@philosophysw.com              but we cannot live in the cradle