Date:      Fri, 01 Nov 2002 14:28:11 -0500
From:      Mark Allman <mallman@grc.nasa.gov>
To:        rick norman <rick.norman@lmco.com>
Cc:        Don Bowman <don@sandvine.com>, "'Fran.Lawas-Grodek@grc.nasa.gov'" <Fran.Lawas-Grodek@grc.nasa.gov>, Luigi Rizzo <rizzo@icir.org>, Cindy.Tran@grc.nasa.gov, freebsd-net@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Problem in High Speed and Long Delay with FreeBSD

> Are you sure you're not hitting the top of the pipe and bouncing
> around in congestion avoidance ?  Unless your window size limits
> your bw at exactly the correct amount, you'll never get the steady
> state

We're not bouncing around.  We see no loss, which would indicate
that either we should continue slow start (exponential cwnd growth)
or stop growing cwnd when we hit the advertised window.  But, we do
neither of these.  At some point the cwnd just stops growing -- even
though we have plenty of advertised window left and no loss.

Hm.

allman

--
Mark Allman -- BBN/NASA GRC -- http://roland.grc.nasa.gov/~mallman/