Date:      Sun, 30 Jan 2000 09:15:45 -0800 (PST)
From:      Daniel Jacobs <danielj@wizard.com>
To:        Guy Silliman <gws@silliman.net>
Cc:        freebsd-isp@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Bandwidth limiting on Switch.

They have been out of business for several months now, as far as I can
tell. I still have one of their boxes in production, though.

On Fri, 14 Jan 2000, Guy Silliman wrote:

> I have used Structured Internetworking's IPath.  It is a nice devide for
> handling exactly what you are looking to do... I was using it in an
> identical situation.  Works great and the price tag is less than the
> packeteer I think....
>
> Guy
>
> On Fri, 14 Jan 2000, Nicholas J. Dear wrote:
>
> > Hi,
> >
> > We're about to start doing some co-location, and we will need to restrict the
> > bandwidth to each machine. I'm assuming we need some sort of switch with
> > bandwidth throttling capabilities?
> >
> > We'd need to throttle from 32K, or 64K upwards, in 64K increments.
> >
> > Could anyone recommend a particular product, or how they do the job?
> > TIA.
> > N.
> > --
> > Nicholas J. Dear
> > Mail: ndear@areti.net Tel: +44 (0)20-8402-4041
> > Areti Internet Ltd., http://www.areti.co.uk/

Daniel Jacobs | @wizard.com - Las Vegas Providers of Internet Services
     (702) 317-2001 | http://www.wizard.com/ | danielj@wizard.com
           "In art and dream, may you proceed with abandon.
  In life, may you proceed with balance and stealth." - Patti Smith