Date:      Fri, 28 Aug 2009 09:58:58 +0200
From:      Mikael Bak <mikael@t-online.hu>
To:        freebsd-stable@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Upgrade FreeBSD 7.1 to 7.2

Lowell Gilbert wrote:
> Mikael Bak <mikael@t-online.hu> writes:
>
>> I would like to do a binary upgrade from 7.1 to 7.2. I've seen the
>> instructions here:
>> http://www.freebsd.org/releases/7.2R/announce.html

Miroslav, Robert, Lowell,

Thank you all for the useful information!

The binary upgrade from 7.1 -> 7.2 went without any problems.
I didn't bother to switch to single user mode. I did however stop some
critical services in /etc/rc.conf before starting the upgrade.

The reason why I didn't go to single user mode was that my /usr and /var
were not mounted in single user. I had only /. I wasn't sure how to deal
with that.

Anyway, all is fine and I have a fresh 7.2! Thanks again all of you!

Mikael