Date:      Tue, 31 Dec 1996 02:28:55 -0800 (PST)
From:      Jeffry Komala <lotus@bawel.net>
To:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: help! can't run emacs on new installation

On Mon, 30 Dec 1996, Mark Diekhans wrote:

> >I installed freeBSD on a new machine (5x86-133, 32MB RAM, 850MB EIDE)
> >;I already have one running.
> >I got an error message while trying to load emacs:
> >
> >ld.so failed: Can't find shared library "libXmu.so.6.0"
> >

> This is one of the X libraries. You need to install the XFree86 libraries or
> recompile emacs without X support.  For a complete list of the libraries you
> will need, runn ldd on emacs.
>
> Mark

Although originally I didn't install X window to my new freeBSD 2.1.5R
box, the library file is now there:
/compat/linux/usr/X11R6/lib/libXmu.so.6.0

Yet, I still run into the same problem when running emacs:

ld.so failed: Can't find shared library "libXmu.so.6.0"

What else missing?

Please CC me your reply. TIA.