Date:      Sat, 25 May 2002 23:15:02 -0700 (PDT)
From:      David Daugherty <doc@wcug.wwu.edu>
To:        questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   ppp term issue

I'm trying to log into a dial up isp using user ppp. After connecting to
the isp with my term session and receiving a login prompt my username and
password fail authentication.

Connecting to the same isp, same number, same authentication under Windows
98 works just fine. Of course the term session is not needed.

Is there some setting that I need to set before logging into the term
session? Currently I just use AT and ATDT<isp-number>.

Thanks in advance for any help given on this.

---
|> /\ \/ @
doc@wcug.wwu.edu
DataSphere - Back end web programming and networking

david.daugherty@netmanage.com
Software Engineer
NetManage - The Bridge to E-Business

http://www.wcug.wwu.edu/~doc
ICQ: 21106703

"I like the dreams of the future better than the history of the past"
          - Thomas Jefferson