Date:      Fri, 28 Jan 2000 17:03:33 -0800
From:      R Joseph Wright <rjoseph@nwlink.com>
To:        freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.org
Subject:   cvsup 4.0

I have a 2 GB slice on which I've installed the 4.0 snapshot from the
3.2 power pack cd set.
What I'm trying to do is cvsup the most recent sources for 4.0.  The gui
starts, the server connects, but nothing happens.  No files are updated
or changed.  It sits idle for about 15 minutes, then it disconnects.
There seems to be something wrong with the ppp connection. It not only
acts strangely while trying to cvsup.  For example, I can't load a web
page with netscape.  I checked email with netscape, it downloaded one
message, then went idle.
Although I'm pretty sure it's not the problem, my supfile is as follows:

*default host=cvsup3.freebsd.org
*default base=/usr
*default prefix=/usr
*default release=cvs tag=.
*default delete use-rel-suffix
*default compress
src-all
--
R Joseph Wright

*I merely took the energy it takes to pout
and wrote some blues --Duke Ellington*