Date:      Sun, 26 Jun 2005 15:29:57 +0200 (CEST)
From:      "P.U.Kruppa" <root@pukruppa.de>
To:        Dick Hoogendijk <dick@nagual.st>
Cc:        freebsd-questions <freebsd-questions@freebsd.org>
Subject:   Re: upgrading all ports

--0-1521217262-1119792597=:87019

On Sat, 25 Jun 2005, Dick Hoogendijk wrote:

> I want to do a portupgrade on all installed ports.
>
> What's the right way?
> =09"portupgrade -arR ?"
> =09or
> =09"portupgrade -a" ?
>
> I hesitate and don't want to screw up my machine.
# portupgrade -a
works fine, if you do it regularily, i.e. there isn't too much to=20
be updated and thus not too much that could be messed up.

Before you start you should check /usr/ports/UPDATING if there=20
are any ports that need special treatment=E2and make sure
# pkgdb -F
doesn't show any inconsistencies.

Good Luck,

Uli.