Date:      Wed, 3 May 1995 09:50:57 -0700
From:      "Steve Galle" <steveg@wavefront.wti.com>
To:        freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.org
Subject:   Archive Viper Help please!

Hello all. I have installed an archive viper 150 tape drive (I know, I know,
but it was cheap, you see...). It gets found at boot time on the PAS scsi bus,
which is what I wanted. It shows up fine, I can do a mt rew, and it listens,
but trying to tar to it produces a string of messages that look like:
May  3 09:27:00 steveslip /kernel: st0(nca0:1:0): ILLEGAL REQUEST
May  3 09:27:01 steveslip /kernel: st0: Cannot set selected mode

Any help would be fantastically appreciated.

Thanks!

Steve