Date:      Sun, 4 Jul 1999 17:37:55 -0700
From:      "David Schwartz" <davids@webmaster.com>
To:        "Ollivier Robert" <roberto@keltia.freenix.fr>, <chat@freebsd.org>
Subject:   RE: INTERNIC are slow.   very slow

> I have several changes pending too. Why do they insist to register hosts
> before having them as primary/secondaries ? What a waste of time !

	They insist on registering hosts before having them as primary/secondaries
so that they know the contacts for a name server. This also associates an
object with that name server so that they can establish who has the right to
add domains to that name server.

	Before they did this, some of our customers would submit domain
applications listing our shell machines as name servers. God only knows why.
Internic would create records for these name servers automatically with our
customers as contacts, and we had to manually delete them. It was a _major_
pain.

	How many name servers do you have that registering them separately is a
problem?

	DS