Date:      Tue, 2 Mar 1999 23:21:15 -0800 (PST)
From:      Tom <tom@uniserve.com>
To:        John Fieber <jfieber@indiana.edu>
Cc:        chris@calldei.com, Tim Tsai <tim@futuresouth.com>, stable@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Using Linux libraries

On Tue, 2 Mar 1999, John Fieber wrote:

> On Tue, 2 Mar 1999, Chris Costello wrote:
>
> > Firstly, I'm not sure if Sybase supports FreeBSD.  Is their
> > software open source?
>
> The license explicitly forbids running the Linux port under
> emulation on a non-linux system.

  It doesn't seem to mention anything about emulation.  It says you can't
use the software on a non-Linux platform.  I don't think they care about
emulation, but I do think they care non-Linux clients being used.  I don't
really understand Sybase client software licensing, but it seems that you
must buy clients for other platforms (unlike Oracle where clients for
Windows and JDBC are free downloads).

> -john

Tom