Date:      Sun, 12 Aug 2001 13:33:53 -0400
From:      parv <parv_@yahoo.com>
To:        Russell Francis <frussell@p1.cs.ohiou.edu>
Cc:        "G. Jason Middleton" <gmiddl1@gl.umbc.edu>, Questions list <freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG>
Subject:   Re: saving files with netscape (permission denied)

this was, on the fateful occasion around Aug 12 10:39 -0400,
sent by Russell Francis

> > when i go to save a file to /usr/home/username/ i get the permission
> > denied error while trying to save the file.
>
> Are you sure about this?  My home directory is /home/username
> /usr/*  is for system files and I don't think it is writable except
> /usr/tmp by anyone but <root>.

if /home is a symbolic link to /usr/home, like i have, then
/home/username is same as /usr/home/username (for all practical
purposes).

in either case, /home (and/or /usr/home) would be owned/writeable by
root.

--
 so, do you like word games or scrabble?
	 - parv