Date:      Wed, 14 May 1997 11:24:44 +0200
From:      j@uriah.heep.sax.de (J Wunsch)
To:        freebsd-current@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Big problem with b_blkno

As Bruce Evans wrote:

> Actually, this is for character device drivers that use physio()
> (usually via rawread() or rawwrite()).  It doesn't affect drivers that
> use copyin/out() or uiomove() directly.

It's for all device drivers that use strategy() IO.  Of course, it's
apparent for the physio() entry point, but strategy is called by other
callers than physio.  If we (hypothetical case) want to support an
audio filesystem on CD-DA media, the block device functions also need
to cope with a blocksize of 2352.  That's why i didn't want to
special-case physio.

--
cheers, J"org