Date:      Wed, 31 Jan 2001 21:00:24 -0500
From:      "Don  Tansey" <hyghlander@mindspring.com>
To:        <freebsd-mobile@FreeBSD.org>
Cc:        "Sean O'Connell" <sean@stat.Duke.EDU>, "The Babbler" <bts@babbleon.org>, <lambert@cswnet.com>
Subject:   Linksys-PCMLM(56)

I'd like to thank Sean and Brian for their generous help.
And I'd ask the list to forgive me for being an idiot and
not thinking of this sooner.  Adding the "reset 1000"
line to the config file does the trick.  I can now dial
out using the modem side of this card.

The complete config is:

#This is the Linksys card I have, with the fat holder.
#This is a speculative attempt to make it function as a modem.
#Of no use to me, but perhaps to Mr. Tansey.(The Babbler)
#With the addition of one line.... D. Tansey

     card "Linksys""EtherFast 10&100 + 56K PCCARD (PCMLM56)"
     config 0x3 "sio"3
      reset    1000

Thanks again ya'll

--Beware the fury of a patient man.