Date:      Fri, 11 May 2001 11:20:35 -0400
From:      dochawk@psu.edu
To:        Rasputin <rara.rasputin@virgin.net>
Cc:        "Richard E. Hawkins" <dochawk@psu.edu>, questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: bug reporting for link to obsolete library?

Rasputin rumbled,

> I'd guess the package was recompiled ages ago, and that's why it's got
> dpendencies on an old library.

> Try compiling the port instead and I expect that'll work.

> Did you get this from the ftp site, or an old CD?
> I don't think port maintainers are responsible for packages rolled from
> their ports, not sure who is?

But this *is* from the ports collection!  To the best of my knowledged,
the only precompiled code on this system is libgtk12 (which won't
currently build), realplayer, netscape, and staroffice.  I downloaded
the ports early last week.

hawk

--
Prof. Richard E. Hawkins, Esq.                     /"\   ASCII ribbon campaign
dochawk@psu.edu  Smeal 178  (814) 375-4700         \ /   against HTML mail