Date:      Sat, 4 Oct 1997 08:07:11 -0400
From:      dweikert@blazenet.net (Daniel L. Weikert)
To:        freebsd-hardware@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: VIA-VP2

>Does FreeBSD 2.2.x support VIA-VP2 (specifically, VIA 590VP2) at all?

For the last couple weeks I've been running FreeBSD (2.2.2-Release) on a
VIA VP2/97 chipset (FIC PA-2007 motherboard w/Cyrix 6x86MX PR200).  I admit
that I'm a bit of a newbie with FreeBSD so I haven't exactly been giving it
much of a workout, but I have had to make a few kernels and I use XFree86
and it seems just as stable as the old 486dx33 that I was using, just a lot
faster. :-)

Dan
Dweikert@blazenet.net