Date:      Fri, 08 Aug 2014 16:05:08 +0200
From:      =?windows-1252?Q?Jan_Kokem=FCller?= <jan.kokemueller@gmail.com>
To:        Zoran Kolic <zkolic@sbb.rs>
Cc:        freebsd-x11@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: laptop 9.3 and kms and intel

> xorg-server-1.7.7_10,1. It is from new_xorg. I think
> "latest" repo has 1.7.7_13,something.

This is weird. When I look here:
http://pkg.freebsd.org/freebsd:9:x86:64/new_xorg/All/

…I see a "xorg-server-1.12.4_8,1.txz" package. It should be picked up
automatically when doing "pkg upgrade".

 > I would remove new_xorg, reupgrade to "latest" and then
 > do "pkg delete -f" to libGL, dri, libdrm, xorg-server,
 > input-keyboard, input-mouse and video-intel. Since I have
 > "WITH_PKNG=yes", I could use portmaster to install them.
 > Right?

WITH_PKGNG=yes should be the default now. I think even WITH_NEW_XORG=yes
is now the default when building manually. Trying won't hurt :)

 > One more thing I have to mention. In various manuals all
 > over the net it is about making a file called FreeBSD_new
 > and putting in something like:
 > FreeBSD_new_xorg: { etc.
 > What I think there must be is the line with:
 > FreeBSD: {enabled: no} . To disable old repo (aka "latest").

I don't think the old one should be disabled. The "new_xorg" repo only
contains updated packages related to X. For other packages, the other
repo is still used.