Date:      Sat, 5 Dec 1998 23:32:38 -0800 (PST)
From:      "Jason C. Wells" <jcwells@u.washington.edu>
To:        DenonTHX@aol.com
Cc:        freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Packages

On Sun, 6 Dec 1998 DenonTHX@aol.com wrote:

>After running /stand/sysinstall how do I install packages. Where does it
>extract the files to? Do you have documentation on this installation?

Documentation is 'man pkg_add' to add programs without sysinstall. You can
run sysinstall to add packages too. Use the sysinstall menu for post
install configuration.

The files are extracted into the system in there proper places. Don't
worry though. FreeBSD keeps track of where every thing goes so you can
easily remove a packge later using 'pkg_delete'.

Catchya Later,		|	UW Mechanical Engineering
Jason Wells		|	http://weber.u.washington.edu/~jcwells/