Date:      Mon, 20 May 2002 15:01:12 -0700
From:      JJ Behrens <jj@nttmcl.com>
To:        rob@pythonemproject.com, freebsd-stable@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Re: Re: Can Sysinstall now deal with 2 FBSD partitions?

> Thanks for responding,
>
> First slice on the drive is Win2K. My first FBSD slice has ad0s2a /, ad0s2b swap, ad0s2d /var ad0s2e /tmp ad0s2f /home and ad0s2g /usr  (I'm doing this from memory since I'm at work)
>
> In sysinstall, I created a new slice and made the exact same partitions, only they were ad0s3*.  I assigned all the mount points.  I left the original ad0s2 mount points as "*".  Then I used the developer release CD as the installation medium.
>
> And to my surprise, when I booted up, I had -current on ad0s2, and ad0s3 did not exist.
>
> Maybe I will try this again, but I am kind of wary.

It sounds like you did everything right, yet it still doesn't work!  As
I mentioned earlier, I *have* gotten STABLE and CURRENT running on the same
laptop.  I wonder what would have happened if you had booted from the developer
release CD instead of running sysinstall on an existing system.  I'm afraid
I can't offer much more advice :(

-jj

--
Users of C++ should consider hanging themselves rather than shooting their
legs off--it's best not to use C++ simply as a better C.