Date:      Fri, 03 Sep 2004 21:52:40 +0300
From:      Ville =?ISO-8859-1?Q?Skytt=E4?= <scop@FreeBSD.org>
To:        freebsd-cvsweb@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Minor issue with descriptions

On Fri, 2004-09-03 at 08:38, Peter Enzerink wrote:
> The descriptions feature works very nicely except it doesn't work for
> directories that have spaces in them.

D'oh.

> Detecting a tab to separate the directory from the description would do
> the trick which is what I have done but I thought I'd suggest a change
> to the code base.

I don't like tabs in this case because they are invisible, non-obvious,
and mandating them as the separator would be a backwards incompatible
change.

How about treating the directories as URI escaped strings instead?  So
that one could use "foo/bar%20quux" to mean "foo/bar quux".  In theory,
this is backwards incompatible as well, but I bet the cases where it
would bite are extremely rare.