Date:      Sat, 6 Nov 2004 11:27:38 -0600
From:      Kirk Strauser <kirk@strauser.com>
To:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   moused and 7-button mice

--nextPart6330343.M2e3K2FPLx

I have a Microsoft Trackball Optical that I'd been using with a Debian syst=
em=20
but that I want to switch to my FreeBSD workstation.  The problem I'm havin=
g=20
is that it has 7 buttons:

  Left
  Middle (clicking the scroll wheel)
  Right
  Up scroll
  Down scroll
  Far-left button (narrow, to the left of the regular left button)
  Far-right button

and moused only seems to pass the first 5 through to X.  That is, it works=
=20
perfectly well like a regular scroll mouse but those wonderful extra button=
s=20
are ignored.  I don't even know where to begin looking for a solution.  Any=
=20
pointers?

=46or those interested, this page includes a picture of the trackball that =
may=20
make more sense than my description:

    http://www.microsoft.com/hardware/mouseandkeyboard/productdetails.aspx?=
pid=3D012