Date:      Thu, 21 Jun 2001 22:47:37 -0500
From:      "Chris Dritsas" <chrisquestions@hotmail.com>
To:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   booting hangs when "Recovering vi editor sessions"

Good Day,

  My system went down during a vi editor session on day (California energy
crisis anyone?). Now, whenever I boot freeBSD, my system hangs:

    starting standard daemons: cron.
    Recovering vi editor sessions

At this point, "Recovering vi editor sessions", my system hangs for some
time. It finally loads and all seems well.

I searched the system for the vi editor, could not find it to try and remove
it.

I checked /stand/sysinstall to try and delete it from their, but I could not
find it in there.

Any ideas..?